Sunday, July 12, 2009

But Sometimes

The idea or notion of Family has always had a great emotional effect on me. I have so many varied feelings about the subject that I usually gloss over it, or avoid it all together. Often, I even go as far as to attempt to discredit and/or devalue the idea of Family all together, just ask my incredibly patient and understanding wife

But Sometimes...

Sometimes, the five women that raised you come to New York and you meet them at their hotel. And you sit with these five Women, all so excited they (all 45+) can not keep still, and you talk. You talk loud like they adults used to on Sundays. You laugh loud like your dad used to, the laugh that embarased you every time you heard it from the next room. There is an ease about the cacophony. You don't feel good or comfortable, you forget that you have to feel anything. You float, time stops. You are home. It is beautiful.

2 comments: