Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Allow Me To Reindroduce My Self

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

That's how I feel when I think about Henry Louis Gates being arrested in his home. No, those aren't eloquent or insightful words. I don't feel like trying to conjure those up right now. I'm pissed, fuck thoughtful. Me and every other black man in this fucking country have fit the description since the day we turned 12. I'm sick of being afraid of cops, but my black ass better be, they shoot us. And no, they don't shoot white people at the same rate, I'm not looking up the god damn stats; we all know it's not even close. And we all know that being black in America is enough to get you killed. If you doubt it, get your head out of your fucking ass. I'm sick of this shit. And then our president and the rest of the Black Intellectual Elites in this country (not you Cornell West), blame us. It's because we won't pull our fucking pants up, or because our parents let us play video games. Fuck that shit. It's because this whole fucking world is ruled by racist white people. Excuse me, white men. I don't know how or why it got this way, but I know black people didn't build schools and then decide to grossly under fund them and let them rot. I know black people didn't build housing projects right next to those schools (and right next to a substandard version of everything else you need so you don't have to venture too close to the lily white neighborhoods. pay attention) and herd ourselves in. I know black people didn't decide that our language would be substandard and that even uttering one phrase in black dialect discredits any and every thing you say. That's what they call "the system" people. It's real, and if your skin is dark, the system considers you a disease that must be contained and controlled. You don't believe me? Just ask Mr. Gates.

I've been seen as dangerous since the day I hit puberty. People are afraid of me when I walk down the fucking street, or talk to loud in a bar. How can we ever fucking be equal. Fuck this shit. All of it.

Thanks for listening, I mean that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not afraid when you walk down the street or when you talk loud in a bar and I certainly don't think your dangerous. I have much love for CW.

    Fuck those other people.

    ReplyDelete